Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

The plane constantly throws itself to the left

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

The plane constantly throws itself to the left

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:29 PM
ZeboKim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The plane constantly throws itself to the left

Hello, We have built a new UAV, we are trying to fly it, but it takes off a little and falls back to the ground, and the plane constantly pulls itself to the left, why is this happening? What can we do? We've adjusted the center of gravity.

Last edited by ZeboKim; 06-29-2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Wrong text
Old 06-30-2022, 04:04 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Zebokim, what you have done here is the equivalent of calling your doctor and asked “ I don’t feel well, what is wrong with me ?”. You need to provide much more information if you expect an accurate answer.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:15 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You don't say if it is electric or glow? With standard (right hand) rotation there is a lot of torque from the motor which will make it, and all similar rotation airplanes roll to the left. This is often compensated for, by building in a couple degrees of right thrust. You say you built it, but if you unwittingly put left thrust in it, it very well could be "evil" as you have described. If possible try to find a local club, or modeler who can check it out. Those of us who have been in the hobby a long time can tell stories of people who have even had their controls reversed. There are a lot of things that could be wrong, and I'll tell you the same thing I told the last group of students who built an un-flyable airplane. Some times the problem is that you don't know what you don't know. More info please.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:38 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Your first post, so you'll have to do a few more before the site allows it, but a picture or sketch of the UAV, would go a long way in allowing anyone to give you any feedback about what may not be right. We don't know if this is a conventional plane, what wing/tail configuration it has (if it has those at all), if it is a multi-rotor, what powers it, weights, balance, etc.,etc.
Is it something you bought either almost ready to fly or as a kit? Did you get plans from somewhere (if so, where?), is it something that is an original design by you, a group of friends, or a school class?
Old 07-02-2022, 07:58 AM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi!
Have you checked the wing for straightnes?!One "wing-tip" is probably more twisted then the other! You should have wash-out in both wings tips . Seems like you have wash-in in one of the tips.