Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 10:11 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Mark,

Yes, times are changing, inflation, gasoline, Covid, theft and murder are on a huge rise. The alarm company arrives tomorrow to put in the rest of our equipment so any violations will call them if we’re not at home. It’s not preventative except in the pointed they would not be able to camp out in our home for days or even hours like they did at my neighbors house. I already have two cameras I’ll be installing two more. Don’t misunderstand cameras won’t help you a bit once they’re in the house but at least I did it would alert me that they’re on the property before they get in the house. The alarm companies will put their signs in the front and the back which they said is a deterrent only in the point that they would look at a house without those first so it’s something they don’t have to contend with.

Will you really had to go at it with the goblin! A reprieve is an understatement that you just got with your Heli. That awful sound you heard might’ve been a bearing seizing up. Or your Gyro throwing a full signal or your blades not tracking together mains or tail. My buddy that crashed his 500 the day before me in the desert, he went to lift off and I heard a screech but he ignored it and did full 3-D and then lost his tail and long story short when it hit the ground the tail box and gotten hot and melted in the bearing came off the end of the tail rotor shaft and just fell out of the plastic tail box which then seized The tail rotor blades. Good luck I hope you find out what the Devil got into your flight system.

I got my new receiver battery in and half charged as well as the main battery half charged for the 600 and got a nice hover out in the backyard. I had to take the battery when it came in and take an EC three off and put a deans to make it match the ESC plug. Right now I’ve got all of my batteries in storage mode as it’s been quite hot here just under 100 yesterday and 101 the day before. Cooling down this week just a little bit so I hope to get up to the field one afternoon.
I can’t tell you the times I’ve straighten out a boom or other parts a little epoxy on the tail blade that starting to come apart. Sometimes you can cheat other times you can’t. That boom may have been your problem, let’s hope so when you get in there and do a little diagnostic and it’ll be an easy fix.

I have the 500 on the operating table and tore apart yesterday and found out what I needed. I ordered a new canopy, belt drive, and boom. I already had a new half frame, main drive gear, main blades, I forgot, I also had an extra main frame side which you see in the photo used a little do nicely, so I’m going to get away pretty cheap. Because it went nose in the bottom of the frame which is aluminum upgrade I made many years ago was bent like a crooked Road. As was the battery tray up on top at the 45° angle that you strap the battery to also aluminum. I had to take both and rework them with a light hammer and wood blocks and my voice to straighten everything out and save it I was quite surprised so I’m attaching a couple of photos of the frame, But unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of the battery tray because it was folded darn ear into a 45° angle. But she will fly again, that 500 been with me since I started flying on the 400, by Horizon on when I first started doing collective from coax copters.

Diesel at the end of my street for my truck is $7.00 dollars a gallon. Right now today it’s $210 to fill my tank, it’s just hard to believe this is really happening it’s almost like it’s a dream.

Have agood Father’s Day coming up soon so I hope you have a good one with the little guy.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:38 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi JPEE,

Wanted to wish you a happy belated Fathers Day! Hope you got to see your daughters and grandchildren.

My dad came down a week ago and got to spend Fathers Day with us. We've been having a nice time and George is having lots of fun with his papa. 😊

More later...

Mark
Old 06-20-2022, 04:52 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the kind wishes, I hope your Fathers Day was a great one too. With Papa there, it had to be a grand day/week to be sure! Yes my daughters came here with one of my grandchildren the baseball player. They arrived at 7:30 in the morning and pulled out at 9. My one daughter on the way over here on her day off have been called to cover for another sick manager so she had to go into work unexpectedly. My other daughter with the grandson who is leaving here and going on to Phoenix Arizona 400 miles away quite the drive. Then he plays baseball for 4 to 5 days through the surrounding cities around Phoenix.

Well known RC Store:
These people really ticked me off. I ordered everything I needed for the 500. Their search engine is very poor and I labored through it and ordered, tail boom, main blades, two drive belts, two canopies, something else I have probably forgotten. I keyed all that in and got a confirmation for my order. The end of day two I get a letter from them that my order is canceled with no reason? They say reply to this email, instead I called them and they no longer take phone calls nor can you even leave a message, it all has to be done via email. So I write back on day two and that night I get another reply from them saying that my credit card was denied! There’s nothing wrong with my credit card, there’s nothing on it and it has such a high Maxximum purchase cap I’m embarrassed to publish it. The next day I get up and because i’ve experienced this with other vendors I had taken screenshots on my computer of my order. That gave me all the part numbers again. So I go in and I rebuild the whole order and there are quantities all there for the parts I needed on hand! This time I say OK, I’ll go in and pay with PayPal which is tied to my credit card lol. The order goes through and is accepted. Again later followed with a confirmation email. The next day I get an email again!!!!!!! from them saying they’re out of the canopies I wanted and that had a quantity of four at the moment of my ordering. So they asked me if I wanted to substitute and it was not the color I wanted but I took the substitute and adjust my bill accordingly. It took two more days for the parts to arrive and the order was complete, what a joke, what a lot of work with a lot of emails, it was just crazy for a lousy $126 order. I hope to start on it today Monday, and we’re supposed to get to 100° today and near that all week and at the end of the week 100° again. Good time to be in the air condition shop on the bench.

JPEE

Have a good week my friend.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:41 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I need to learn to slow down when typing as I somehow accidently selected all then hit backspace and cleared out everything I just typed. Ugh!

First I wanted to congratulate you on getting your 600 back in the air after getting your new batteries in. So that's one down and one to go.

That was a crazy story of what you had to go through with the hobby store, glad your persistence paid off and you got what you ordered. Just out of curiosity is there somewhere else you can go if you ever need things again...maybe some place that is more customer friendly?

Glad you had a nice Father's Day and you got to see your daughters. Sorry one had to work and the other with that long drive, yikes! But it was worth it for everyone.

We also had a nice Father's Day. We actually had a nice entire week with my dad visiting. Got to drive out to Kennedy to see a SpaceX launch on Friday, then to Tampa the next day to visit the WWII cargo ship the Victory Ship. Then visited a history museum on Sunday. We also got to take the boats out in the evening to do some racing and my dad got to take one out too. It was a lot of fun for all.

We also have been having some hot afternoons - temps in the mid 90's. Plus no rain so the grass is suffering. I try to run the sprinklers in the middle of the night for a short time to try and give the yard a chance. Our rainy time of the year usually starts in July with afternoon storms almost everyday, so just have to hold on for a few more weeks, hopefully.

I have been trying to get out in the early morning hours to get some flights in. Bug spray is a necessity! Had the chance to take the Stinger jet out this past morning and had a few nice easy flights. Planning to take the 500 Thursday morning after work to do some practice circuits. I also did some testing with my XK110 last week.

Ah, my lovely XK110. Its got a Futaba Tx and although I have looked at many setup videos online I just can't get this thing to flip inverted. It's been very frustrating, not being able to practice inverted orientations. Its great with its tail hold and so practicing reverse is great - just need to figure out the inverted thing. So it occurred to me one day why not just start the thing off already inverted and see what happens.

So yep, I started it in idle up (holding it inverted) and let go and wow - had to jump on the controls as it was a squirrely mess! But it worked and I was able to do some inverted practice. It was some intense practice as it wanted to go everywhere. I got to brush up on my orientations really quick. And yes, I had to land inverted in the grass. Just folded the blades - no damage. So for the time being this is what I will do when I want to practice inverted with the XK110.

I'm sorry to hear about the hot and dry conditions your having in your area. I hope some rain relief is in the future for you all.

Mark
Old 06-23-2022, 03:50 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Sorry you had to experience what happens to me more times by hitting the wrong key and wiping a 90% completed post off the screen. 😢

Thank you, the 600 is ready to fly, when it’s not 100° and 53% humid that we are experiencing lately.

The 500 has been fighting me like I posted and just conquered one more hurdle. Making ready to rebuild I took the top main shaft bearing carrier off the frame to test the bearing itself. The way I do that is, I hold the block vertically and slip the main shaft in horizontally about one inch. Then I spin the shaft and then I feel either a smooth or a rough operation. The top bear was toast which you could not tell just by spinning the shaft in both blocks in the frame. The lower bearing was still good and smooth as a baby’s bottom. Guess what? I don’t have those bearings on hand ARRG as you say! I don’t wanna go back and order two bearings online and pay the freight and wait. I contacted my old hobby shop which I didn’t even know if it was still open which is about 4 miles away. Indeed they were still in business so I asked him to run a check and see if he had the bearings on and he said yes!!!!!!! When I got there I found they stopped selling heli’s and we’re just selling off what parts were still hanging on the wall. He only had the one LAST bag of main bearing, what luck right? I looked for any other 500 parts to just buy up but he had nearly nothing left. I hope today today I can start by greasing the new bearings and getting then in frame and moving on after that with some assembly.

Yes there is AMAIN Hobby online. There’s no more hobby brick and mortar shops left here anywhere. I had accounts with both these two online stores for years but……..the shop I ordered from had the inventory and…….they sell a LOT of blemished inventory, as I said canopies, blades with paint blemishes and the prices are great.

We’ll you had house had a spectacular Fathers Day making it last a week. You are so blessed to have your father with you, you just don’t know. You guys really covered some sights while he was with you WOW!
As I tell my daughter who lives just 12 miles away and was driving her and my grandson to AZ to play baseball for those 4-5 days, “that’s what being great parent is all about”!

Today is Thursday so……….you should be off work as I write this post at 4:13 a.m. hopefully your flying right now. Don’t forget the bug spray. I am having to put DEETS on when I am in the garage as we have the new Micro many mosquitoes here that look like a gnat but in fact are a mosquito. Boy do they go for your elbows and your ankles up to the knee. We call them ankle biters for slang. They are not the big daddy long legs like we used to get. Hope your heli’s and plane flights were good ones today. I had to look up your XK110 to remember what she is and it appears to be like my Horizon blade 230. Again good luck with trio your taking out.
SUGGESTION: My 230 in normal mode will not flip inverted or do any stunt at all. It has a safe gyro mode in normal we can call beginner mode. To do 3D you have to use stunt 1 & 2! There you can run wide open and when set up by the book it has #2 wide open head speed and is looser on the expos. It has in both modes a FAILSAFE button you set to your transmitter. If you loose orientation while flying you pull back throttle mid stick and press the “safe mode button” and she “rights herself” with main blades up to the sky! It’s pretty cool. Then you regain your orientation. You hold the button 2 seconds and that’s it. So that maybe a mode in your setup, check it out. If you’re telling me that in stunt modes you still cannot roll and get inverted then maybe it’s not in 3-D.
LMAO, now I just read your second paragraph when do get crazy inverted but see my attachment. I hope this might help to verify your set up..

Take care my friend and happy flying today if you made it out!

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 06-23-2022 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:44 PM
Aframomum

Hello Mr. JPEE,

Thank you for the suggestion for helping my uncooperating XK110 - I'll see if adjusting the gyro will help in the different modes.

Glad you found some replacement bearings, even the last ones in the shop! One word suggestion... AvidRC.com

I usually will get my replacement bearings from them. Shipping isn't too bad, I think less than $5 for a suitable order.

Up next - Mayhem and Destruction!!

Stay tuned...

Mark

But in the meantime, a pic from this mornings heli success!

Last edited by Aframomum; 06-29-2022 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:41 AM
Aframomum

So yesterday morning started off nice. I was able to charge up 4 batts for my heli and 2 for my Stinger jet. Got out nice and early and arrived at the field just as the first traces of light were coming up.

Got 2 easy flights with my Trex500 - nothing too serious as it was still a bit dark out and I didn't want to crash due to loss of orientation.

Next up was my jet...but more on that one later on.

I finished up with the remaining 2 flights on the 500. This time it was light enough to get some practice in. I was able to use the first flight practicing backwards flight and then switched over to inverted practice - nose in for now. My last flight I practiced cleaning up my rainbows - even played around with doing tail first rainbows (inverted rainbow?) instead of nose first, then I practiced doing flips and trying to hold it momentarily halfway through the flip.

Overall the heli flights were really good.

The jet...not so much.

My one and only flight started off good. I took off and did a nice climb out, turned around and did a nice high inverted pass. Then pulled up and did a large half loop and turned to the end of the field and set up for a nice low pass, about half throttle. The low pass was nice and all my attention was on the plane as it flew past me. At this point I should mention at this particular flying area there are 2 fenced in areas just off to the side of the field. I usually don't fly near them but have had a close call on occasion.

This morning I had more than a close call - a direct hit! I literally watched as the plane hit the fence and foam parts went flying. The impact was near perfect as it hit the left side and completely severed the wing and stabilizer half. I'm probably going to replace the wing and stabilizer as they are the only things that were damaged. One of the problems when concentrating so hard on your aircraft and not paying attention to the surrounding area. Plus it helps not having any fenced in obstacles in your flying area!

Mark

Old 06-30-2022, 02:31 PM
JPEE

Just lost a full page reply, ticked off. I went to post and got a locked BLACK screen then it was gone.

Will redo the reply tomorrow, going to meet my daughters for dinner.

Later Mark

JPEE OUT

Last edited by JPEE; 06-30-2022 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:00 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Attempt #2

I hope by now you’ve been able to work on your helicopter and see if those tips helped you get it stable and normal flight and let you whale in 3-D and do its role as it should.

Thank you very much for the tip on the bearing outlet AvidRC.com, i’ll look them up because I do have calipers for measuring my bearings.

Your 500 look GREAT! I love the nose forward and low squat! I also like your tail blades being different colors I haven’t really noticed that before.
I’m glad you got two easy flights on the 500 and you were smart to take it easy. We all crash as you note that’s part of the hobby, sadly. And you being observant of the gray sky and not watch daylight you played it smart and you won. You got your backwards practice and other moves and came home hole in that regard. It would sure be nice sometime and I’m not advocating that you do this but to get some video of some of your moves inverted rainbows and things like that.

I can’t imagine the words that went through your mind when you were inverted on that last pass and focused which you should’ve been on your plane and unfortunately The chain-link fence reached out and got your jet. I have to laugh at myself because when I was first flying my blade 400 and then my T Rex 500 at the city park there is a great big light standard that we always had to avoid. So I am flying and I’m focused on the 500 and I clearly have to admit of a depth perception deficit. So I’m flying a horizontal circle. I make my turn I’m coming back going the opposite way and I think I am behind the light pole deep into the park and I hear this bang and a loud PING as this huge aluminum light pole is hollow when the 500 made a direct hit just below the lights and fell. Now the embarrassing part sometime later I hit it once more so I had to change it up. When I went out to fly in the park I stood with the pole touching me against my back and I flew out in front of me in a shorter area but object free. See I’m not as dumb as you thought it only took two crashes to make me look at a different perspective on how to fly in that zone lol. So you sacking your jet end of that dusk poorly lit morning there’s nothing to be ashamed of, disappointing you crashed yes but I wouldn’t let it go beyond that. And as you pointed out it’s not gonna be an expensive fix to put the plane back in the air again you were lucky the fuselage did not take a beating or any of your electrics. You’ll recover.

I finished my 500 ESP TREX and did a hover in the backyard about three days ago and I have a terrible tail bobbing up and down. I’m still very shaky after not flying for so long, this was my first time with the controls in my hands after three months being home and then I flew three packs in my desert field and those were the first three in a year and a half so my thumbs are really rusty. back to the 500 I took off all my blades and weighed them on a scale which I did not do and I should’ve done and found that they were perfectly balanced and weighed the same. So now I know the issue with something else. So I started messing with my Gyro settings in my transmitter forgetting that I really can’t do that because with a V bar you do it with the laptop in the onboard computer, does that tell you how long I’ve been away from flying. So I watch some YouTube videos and guys with the same problem the same answer was for all three too low of a head speed. So I took it up higher and I run a straight curve which is an oxymoron and start up blades in the middle in neutral pitch in light her up and she’s ripping and I go to lift her up and there’s still just a hint of the tail not being as good as should be I put her down put her on the laptop and made some adjustments brought her back out and she is Crystal! My old baby right back where she was. Going flying with the guys Wednesday next week and I can’t wait to get out there in the adrenaline going in my arms shaking in my fingers numb, you know the drill. I’m going to attach a photo or two I’ve got my 600 ready to go which wears a 700 Canopy since the 700 is in big red scale body.

Mark, I wish you and yours have a wonderful safe and sane Fourth of July with good food, family and good times! 👍

Old 07-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

We actually celebrated on the 3rd as I had to work the 4th. We did have a nice time - did some grilling in the rain then shot off fireworks in the evening after the rains stopped. It was a good night. As I mentioned I had to work the 4th but to see the terrible news of what happened in IL on that day - unbelievable. And sad...

Mark
Old 07-05-2022, 06:50 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Glad all went well for your July holiday, no matter what day you celebrated it, you were all together!

Yes a sad day to be sure, why the Lord let’s these things happen makes me ponder.

JPEE
Old 07-06-2022, 11:38 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

Before I get started on yesterday's happenings I wanted to ask if you've ever checked out Virtual Railfan on youtube?

If not, just search Virtual Railfan on youtube and they'll list camera locations on railroads all across the US for you to view, day or night. Just something I stumbled across a few days ago and has been interesting to watch.

virtual railfan live feed - YouTube

Mark

PS - Did you get to go flying yesterday (Wednesday)?

Last edited by Aframomum; 07-06-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:45 PM
Aframomum

So yesterday...I did get to fly after work. And yes, my 500 did look good in that earlier picture.

Here's another one - not looking so good anymore...

Old 07-07-2022, 12:01 AM
Aframomum

What happened?

I believe I was having an ESC issue. My first flight I noticed twice the heli powered down in flight, almost like hitting LCV. I brought it back thinking maybe the lipo wasn't charged all the way. Landed fine and this is where I should have called it quits. But no, I put a second lipo and did a second flight. I did a few pitch pumps, no issues. So then a few loops, still no issues. A flip and roll, all ok. Then started doing rainbows and it happened again, but this time more severely. Instead of regaining headspeed after the powerdown the heli just continued falling, just like an auto. But I'm not comfortable doing high auto's. I'm guessing by the damage it hit tail first, then rolled over.

I should have stopped after the first flight. I was already considering changing the ESC as I noticed it was coming down warmer than I remember it being - hotter than usual to the touch. But that is usually the case when you continue to fly when you know something is wrong. Drat!

Mark
Old 07-07-2022, 03:08 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark,
It’s 4:00 a.m. and I can’t sleep because……

No….. I haven’t heard of that train link.

We got to the field, Jason and I and found the gate mis-locked! Our lock goes through the Army Corps of Engineering who we rent from so we both have access. We’ll THEY locked it wrong and left our lock hanging and used their lock through the ends of the chain therefore we were locked out! Called our Prez and said he send someone up last night to cut the chain and relock it with the two locks to each other. Got email at 8 p.m. saying it was done! So we were go back today about 2:00, we both just our stuff in the cars last night.
Sadly when I got home from this fiasco last night found out our main sewer line is clogged. So this morning I’m trying to get a Roto-Rooter truck out here and get us back online so I don’t know what today is going to hold. That’s it in a nutshell. Thanks for the link and when I get my house on line I go there and see the site.

JPEE
Old 07-10-2022, 10:48 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Just checking in to see if:

1. - you got that lock fiasco sorted out and now have access to your flying field,
and
2. - you were able to get the rotor rooter guy in and unclog that sewer line?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Mark
Old 07-11-2022, 04:28 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

The sewer line has become a big and expensive project unfortunately. To the point, we have no clean out drain so they pulled the toilet to try and get the snake in there and down the main line to the city with little luck BUT it was enough to get us on line. That took hours and hundreds of dollars. Then they sent a camera crew at my request to price out digging up the sewer next to the house and put in a clean out port. They came we did the camera thing and OMG my sewer line is in BAD shape. It’s the old red clay pipe and it has a lot of roots, and leaky joints and……….where from the earthquakes has one pipe lifted up 3” from the one it should be connect to. The roots as big as two inches, so……. Tomorrow they come and dig up the yard next to the house and put in two clean outs, one that will allow and big snake to come in the house and the other let them do the same in the future to go 70 feet to the city main line. Once those are in then they have a water jet that will go down in the pipe and BLAST AWAY with hight pressure nozzle and literally like a laser cut off all roots and leave pipe clean. Then I can have them cleaned with ease every few years for a lot less monies. This whole project is 4K. The other remedy is to put a sleeve down through 70 feet of the pipe after the roots are cut away 14K, said NO to that, to you late in my life to put out that kind of money, when I’m gone the kids are going to sell a house anyway. They arrive tomorrow to do the work.

FLYING went well the next day after the locks got buggered!!!!!!!
Jason and met at the field and I brought my rebuilt 500 AND she flew like a dream, the hard work paid off. I did have a bit of a tracking issue on the tail rotor I noticed. Both of my tail blades had some small nicks in them so I replaced them yesterday. It could be a bent blade grip or the shaft might be bent, we shall see one day this week, our temps are near in the high 90 every day now. Which ever this is, the blades or the grip assembly it’s an easy fix and I can’t tell till I spin it up. I noticed it when I shut down and walked up to the Heli I can see a bit of a blur on the tail assembly telling me somethings a little wacko. So I got two flights on the 500, one flight on big red MD 500, however……… when I went to light up the 600 I found electronic issues. When I turned on the BEC the servos jumped on and then got the jitters. When the motor got plugged in the ESC beeped and the motor would come on. So we played with it a bit and couldn’t figure it out in the field so I came home and did some reading and I have the V bar. What drove the servos wacky was on my transmitter the surface trim buttons some of them overtime got bumped and took them out of center. With VBAR they must all be centered on the transmitter and any adjustments are done through the VBAR and the laptop. This is crazy, even though I could work the servos and then they would jitter a bit I did have transmitter to receiver connection clearly. So on YouTube it reminded me how to re-bind the Heli to my Airtronics transmitter and……there you go she was home again. I did do a hover in the backyard and everything seems to be fine so she’s ready to have a test flight when we go out this week when Jason‘s schedule allows and the heat. There you have the short of it lol, sorry for the novel but you asked lol.

Vandenberg launched a SpaceX rocket last night for a satellite train but it was 6:38 p.m. in the evening daylight. The last one I saw was at night was a big red streak in the sky and I saw the stage drop off and the colors change in the motors, it was spectacular as you well know living at Cape Canaveral. This time we saw the white vapor Trail but we could not see the rocket itself nor it’s fire and then all of a sudden the vapor trail stopped growing in length and we knew that was it……. we couldn’t see the rocket because it was daylight. But we did see the vapor trail so we saw some thing.

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 07-11-2022 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:01 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Just wanted to take a few moments of free time to do a quick response...

I cannot believe the headache you must have felt when being told the options for your sewer line. What a crazy mess, and most probably all due to that old red clay pipe they used back in the day. My parents had the same issue years ago - root growth obstructing the line and I do believe they had new PVC pipe installed, at least I think that is what they ultimately had to do.

My wife came down with covid this past week and it has not been the easy 'like a cold' situation as they have been describing for most. She has been mostly bed ridden - extremely tired with fever, headache, and coughing. The coughing has been so frequent that she is sore from it. I took off from work so to help take care of things at home. The crazy thing is we believe she had covid in March of 2020 (before reliable test kits were available), got the Modera shots in 2021, so this was a huge surprise. Suffice it to say - covid is still a big deal out there and not to be taken lightly.

Gotta go now,

Mark
Old 07-23-2022, 04:36 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

I am so sorry for what you and especially your wife is going through. That said, it can’t be easy for your son to see mommy that sick too. Thank God, you were able to take a work leave to care for her and again your son. How do you protect yourselves in caring for your wife so you two don’t come down, or can you? I am at a loss for words other than to say, I we will put you on our prayer list tonight where we bless those that are in immediate need.

Today in our fly field annual meeting…….sitting out in out 97° sun on the runway. ICK! I mailed in my dues, $150.00 so I don’t need to go but zi want to hear what the board has to say.
Don’t know if I posted but everything I own is flyable and in great shape. Jason and I have cancelled two fly dates due to this extreme heat we are under.

My best to you and your family.
JPEE
Old 07-30-2022, 01:10 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Its nice that things are slowly returning to normal. We had those at home antigen test kits and the last few days were testing each morning to see if she was negative. She was positive all the way to day 8, plus still had some of the symptoms - fever, cough, body aches/cramps. I thought it ironic that the president also had covid near the same time and went past the 5 day rule that companies are now following for their people to return to work. Luckily my wife only works the weekends so had the time to recover properly.

Its nice to have all your birds in flight ready condition, now just need for the weather to cooperate and give you some heat relief days to get some flying in.

I think you need to talk to the club reps and see if there is a building they can use for periodic meetings and such, that way you are not sitting on the flight line in 97* heat!!

Mark
Old 07-30-2022, 04:57 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

It’s good to hear that your wife is coming along towards her Covid 19 recovery. I hope Mr. G well too!

I have two friends that just came down. The first thinks he might have gotten it at Costco, he wears a mask but many other shoppers were NOT. He elderly and doesn’t replace his masks as often as he should. My other friend stopped by the office also wears a mask when she walks out the front door and she too came down has no idea how. Jason my fly buddy is her husband. He should clean for two days and today came down with the runny nose and tested positive! So that make three souls with the mung🤒
Today Joe a Biden had a relapse and is positive again! I just want your household to get back to normal for all concerned.

Yes it’s nice having the fleet all in working order! I still need to get more time before I go back to doing any flips and rolls and what have you 3-D.

I agree with getting a site to hold the club meetings. We had discussed that very point, a few of us guys and thought there are restaurants where you know they have like a party room and we could use. But because it was early while it got toasty that day Jason and I did not stay but point being there was only 18 of us and we were able to huddle under the shelters in the pits so nobody really had to sit in the sun. Last meeting when all heck broke loose and everybody was complaining there was a lot of people and it would’ve taken that extra dining room at a coffee shop or restaurant to hold everybody. The problem is to come to the meeting they’re all there at the field flying at sunrise and then break off at 10 o’clock for the meeting for 35 minutes and then go back to flying. If they’re at a restaurant they have to leave all that gear in their cars in the parking lot that’s kind of a no no thought for everybody.

Here is a photo of one friends war bird, of his MANY of them
JPEE
Judy 30, 2022
5:48 p.m.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:58 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

Happy belated birthday. I got locked out of RCU for awhile because I forgot my password. Hope your wife is doing better.

I got a Miata and have been going to as many cars shows as possible. I am trying to start a car detailing business and a mechanic/car dealership. My wife and I also started a food blog. I am still remodeling my house. I should have some kitchen cabinets this week. The bathrooms should be finished mid August.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:05 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick what’s going on? I really like the looks of that sporty Miata! Well you sure have a lot of projects on your plate, admire you for that. I hope the food blog is going well and you’re getting a lot of followers! Maybe then you can put some commercials in there and make a couple of cents per view back can you guys. Mail out the recipes and what have you. You can see I’m not real well-versed in how food blogs ago. I’m just used to seeing the people on TV show how to cook some thing and add a pinch of this and a little bit of that.
If you get this auto detail / mechanic shop/car dealer what are you talking about? Are you talking about buying and selling of used cars and you fixing them up or hiring a mechanic to work at your place and make them roadworthy and then resell them for a profit? Inquiring minds wanna know lol. If I were only young and smart like you, I had full of dreams big ideas. I know you were going to do very well, you’ve got the drive and everything that’s necessary to make a go of it, the 200% faith in you young man. Oh and don’t forget while you’re doing all of that to get those bathrooms done, joking. But seriously you sound a bit stretched, just remember there’s only one of you and all of those things tugging at you. Better to do a couple of things lol excellently than just good on everything. That’s all great here talking to you a little wisdom.

congrats Nick glad you guys are happy and things are going your way.

JPEE
Old 08-06-2022, 09:44 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I really did have a nice day - plus I had it off from work so that made things all the more better. We decided to go to shark tooth beach in the gulf for the day. It was really nice. I took my scuba mask and used my son's snorkel and had a fun time snorkeling in the gulf. No sharks seen and not a single sharks tooth! We must have been at the wrong beach...

Nick - very nice car. What year? I've always liked the Miata's ever since the 90's and they still have that great look to them. Are you planning to keep it in the garage? I am just concerned with the weight of snow on the convertible top. I bet your like me and park miles away in parking lots so no one parks their car next to yours! Congrats! Do you still have your bike? If I remember Ohio had some real nice winding back roads that seemed to go on forever.

That remodeling job looks amazing. I bet when your done it will be incredible. Are you doing it all yourself or hiring help?

Good luck with the food blog and your start up business. Are you still doing engineering work?

JPEE,

Your friend has a nice collection there. I hope you found some time and decent weather to get some flying in.

I have been going back to working on the train set. My son wanted some signal lights so I picked up a set of 5 from Amazon. It a rather simple one with just the red and green lights. I have them hooked up to separate switch so they can be set to green - off - red. I've since discovered that the green LED on a few of them is giving me issues and I'm wondering if I need to put a separate resistor on the green to limit the power going to it - it is really bright so that may be needed.

I also finished wiring all the separate rails in his yard so now he can park loco's on each track and turn off power to each track. I picked up some automatic switch machines to replace his manual ones in the yard too. The layout had gotten difficult to work with the manual switches so I decided automatic ones would work better.

Mark

Old 08-06-2022, 09:48 PM
Aframomum

And Thursday morning when leaving work this is what I got to see...

It was an ULA Atlas rocket launch with 2 additional boosters sending a military satellite to orbit. Pre-dawn launches are always quite spectacular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.