Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 02:41 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Echo, echo, echo echo chamber.........

Typical AND lame! Takes away whatever credibility you MAY have.

Astro
Who are you to judge others credibility? More evidence of:

Old 06-30-2022, 02:55 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
astro's claim is that local law enforcement has no authority to enforce FAA UAS regulations. It is false on its face.
generally speaking, local leo/highway patrol/state police, do not even attempt to pursue or enforce FAA regulations at all, they rely on local laws/ordinances like trespass, noise, illegal to launch recover model aircraft in city limits and all such things to end the undesired suas activity. there is always something they can find.
or as in the instance seedy mentioned to start all this, they just rely on bluff and bluster.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:08 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by mongo
generally speaking, local leo/highway patrol/state police, do not even attempt to pursue or enforce FAA regulations at all, they rely on local laws/ordinances like trespass, noise, illegal to launch recover model aircraft in city limits and all such things to end the undesired suas activity. there is always something they can find.
or as in the instance seedy mentioned to start all this, they just rely on bluff and bluster.
Agreed, now the question is, does that fit the definition of enforcement? Keep in mind that the CHP officers in my case responded to a complaint directly related to an FAA regulation. Their objective was met in that we ceased to fly as a direct result of their responding to the location. Was that enforcement or not?
Old 06-30-2022, 03:24 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Agreed, now the question is, does that fit the definition of enforcement? Keep in mind that the CHP officers in my case responded to a complaint directly related to an FAA regulation. Their objective was met in that we ceased to fly as a direct result of their responding to the location. Was that enforcement or not?
They have the same authority as FAA field agents, who don't issue citations or do anything else other than gather information.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i see it as deterrence, not enforcement.
they got the job done by issuing a threat that most likely would not have held up in a court.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:17 PM
speedracerntrixie

they got the job done by issuing a threat that most likely would not have held up in a court.

I agree. However the definition of enforcement that I posted earlier in the thread included deterrence. As for the threat, agreed that a citation for flying over 400’ would have held no water. A citation for reckless endangerment would have especially since the pilot of the CHP Cessna filed a near miss report that evening or the following morning.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:41 PM
ECHO24

There is no court, They would have turned it over to the FAA. The FAA would then decide whether to issue a fine. Only then if they contested the
fine, months or years later, would there be an option to go to court. And that's after first going through an administrative hearing with the FAA in
front of an appointed judge. Good luck. The famous Trappy case dragged on for years, if you're up for that.

Few here are pilots or have any experience with the FAA. It's a slog going the the process, on a level with the DMV.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:04 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And the fine would be the enforcement.

Astro
Old 07-01-2022, 06:28 AM
speedracerntrixie

And the fine would be the enforcement.

Astro
The fine is punishment. Putting a stop to the illegal activity is enforcement. That’s why they are called Law Enforcement Officers. They have taken an oath to uphold ALL laws.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:50 AM
astrohog

The fine is punishment. Putting a stop to the illegal activity is enforcement. That’s why they are called Law Enforcement Officers. They have taken an oath to uphold ALL laws.
LOL, OK genius…
Old 07-01-2022, 08:15 AM
ECHO24

That's why someone would have to be a total idiot not to comply.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, , , , since the Supremes (The court, not Diana Ross & co. ) have just ruled that the EPA can't regulate powerplant emissions, maybe if we all ask em real sweet like, they'll rule the FAA can't regulate our unmanned flying toys?????

Ya can't hurry love.....

Happy 4th everyone !!!!!
Old 07-01-2022, 11:44 AM
astrohog

Happy Fourth!
Old 07-01-2022, 11:53 AM
ECHO24

Just put the clown show on a time out like I did.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:15 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Just put the clown show on a time out like I did.

Naaa, just let him think that the lipstick changes what he is.

Old 07-01-2022, 12:48 PM
astrohog

Back to your usual childish crap I see!

Careful, your level of maturity is showing….

Astro
Old 07-01-2022, 01:03 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You two should meet up halfway up/down the coast at some B&B and consummate this bromance
Old 07-01-2022, 01:10 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
You two should meet up halfway up/down the coast at some B&B and consummate this bromance

LOL Tom. I doubt that would be the end result. I was in Seattle over Father’s Day and kept an eye out. Only found what I presume was a relitive.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:16 PM
astrohog

LOL Tom. I doubt that would be the end result. I was in Seattle over Father’s Day and kept an eye out. Only found what I presume was a relitive.
It’s relative.

You are one classy individual.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM
speedracerntrixie

It’s relative.

Uncle? Aunt?
Old 07-01-2022, 02:14 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

He wept when he found out they were related LOL!
I am your father he was heard to say in a hushed voice.

Last edited by Propworn; 07-01-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:03 PM
ECHO24

To each his own. For me, the clown show morphing from, law enforcement can't enforce drone rules, to, when that was proven false, to the patently
absurd, "enforcement action" is not enforcement at all but rather "assistance", to the changing definition of enforcement morphing to mean the judgement
of a tribunal (but only if said judgement is adverse to the party), etc., this clown act doesn't need to be popping up in my notifications any longer. I've seen it.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:27 PM
speedracerntrixie

Yea, the amount of energy he put into this instead of just agreeing to let it go like I offered a few pages ago. So sad that being right on a little Internet forum is so important to him. Leads me to believe his life is rather empty. For someone who claims to have such a high level of intelligence, you would think he could figure out that he is only getting the sand back that he has kicked at others. If he just stop kicking sand in the first place, this would all stop. He won’t though. His response to this post will prove he is too insecure to allow anyone else the last word. As for me, regardless of what he has to say, I’m done as well.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:11 PM
astrohog

Leads me to believe his life is rather empty.
Says the sad man whose entire existence revolves around begging for attention and approval on toy airplane forums.

For someone who claims to have such a high level of intelligence,
LOL. I guess this is what one says when they feel inferior, as I have never made a statement about my intelligence.

you would think he could figure out that he is only getting the sand back that he has kicked at others.
Yet ANOTHER of your LIES! I NEVER engage in your petty name-calling until after you have started it! And you ALWAYS do! You get what you give.

If he would just stop kicking sand in the first place, this would all stop.
LOL. Narcissistic much? LOL

Astro
Old 07-01-2022, 09:56 PM
ECHO24

Yea, the amount of energy he put into this instead of just agreeing to let it go like I offered a few pages ago. So sad that being right on a little Internet forum is so important to him. Leads me to believe his life is rather empty. For someone who claims to have such a high level of intelligence, you would think he could figure out that he is only getting the sand back that he has kicked at others. If he just stop kicking sand in the first place, this would all stop. He won’t though. His response to this post will prove he is too insecure to allow anyone else the last word. As for me, regardless of what he has to say, I’m done as well.
Anyone who toys with definitions is toying with you as well.

Same with the cheery 4th of July greeting right after that derogatory post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.