Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 07:49 PM
bobzilla
My Feedback: (63)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default latest

The latest I have has hidden bolts to attach wings, no more cinch pins, i also have a one piece fuselage. Tank and uat separate. The rubber tank stopper is crap. 2 of mine had the 3rd hole open and leaked fuel upon filling. Inspect, or replace. Pilotrc may not build 1 piece fuselages anymore due to cost to ship/handle long crate.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:49 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Is this even a 2.2M Predator? If that clamp you are showing is for the wing, you have an old version. The stab still uses a clamp on the front of the stab but rear threads in with a bolt at the elevator cutout. Wing attaches with a bolt horizontally through the LE and another in the back through the flap cutout.
Also, the canopy bolt is recessed. Yours doesn't appear to be.
Originally Posted by rmb
Thanks just looking for reassurance. Could anyone give me some idea if this would be a later version of the Predator, wings clamp LE and TE, screw locks canopy on and fuel tank and air trap are separate.

Old 03-22-2023, 09:16 AM
rmb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely 2.2 meter the main wing has a clamp at the front and another clamp at the rear can't get pictures of rear clamp as it is awkward to get at, the early Predators had a single clamp of flat bar to hold main wing on, yes the latest Predators have screws front and rear. The stab has clamp at front and a screw at rear at elevator. Have recessed canopy screw myself think the older Predator had a spring latch same as turbine hatch.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:19 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by rmb
Definitely 2.2 meter the main wing has a clamp at the front and another clamp at the rear can't get pictures of rear clamp as it is awkward to get at, the early Predators had a single clamp of flat bar to hold main wing on, yes the latest Predators have screws front and rear. The stab has clamp at front and a screw at rear at elevator. Have recessed canopy screw myself think the older Predator had a spring latch same as turbine hatch.
Yours is definitely not the latest version then. It must be an in-between version. I'm sure those clamps will fair better than the flat plate one, though.

Old 06-04-2023, 09:54 PM
Preauz

Where did you CG the plane. I have a 2.2m that im building right now but i feel like everyone says the factory CG is too nose heavy.
Old 06-04-2023, 10:09 PM
rmb

Have not finished my Predator yet but will go with the CG that pilot rc say, most people say it is a good starting point.
Old 06-04-2023, 10:40 PM
bobzilla

Default cg

Uat full, gear down, 1" fuel in tank. Get a digital kitchen scale, move batteries till you get 26 to 32oz on nose wheel. Flaps 50 degrees down for landing. All 5 of my predators same.
Old 06-28-2023, 03:03 PM
rmb

How much throw are you using on elevator and ailerone, pilot rc give aileron 17mm elevator 13mm but think i would like more also what do you use for half flap and full flap ?
Thanks .

Old 06-28-2023, 03:14 PM
bobzilla

Default 2.2m predator

I set ail/elev to triple rates, 35%, 55% and 90% of throw. I like middle rate best. I dont used flaps less then full. Full for landing and full for low speed pass. Expo set 30% low/mid, 40% on high.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:16 PM
rmb

Thanks for your quick reply . My predator is now ready for its maiden flight but weather not great for next week , looking forword to seeing it in the air.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Buzzsawheli

Hey guys I just picked up a Predator (2pc fuse) not sure what version it is. Seems the fuel tank is only held in place by the velco straps?? Is this what you guys are doing and are you pushing the tank all the back against the bulkhead or??

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:22 PM
Foresmate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lightweight plywood can use it
The following users liked this post:
Buzzsawheli (08-17-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 06:31 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzsawheli
Hey guys I just picked up a Predator (2pc fuse) not sure what version it is. Seems the fuel tank is only held in place by the velco straps?? Is this what you guys are doing and are you pushing the tank all the back against the bulkhead or??

Thanks in advance.
Mine has velcro along the bottom and then a couple straps wrapping it. I have thrown it around with thrust vectoring and the tank never budges.
The following users liked this post:
Buzzsawheli (08-17-2023)